Back to work, summer vacations are over !
I'll try to keep a regular cycle for updates for now on.
One of my biggest challenge right now is to make the game more accessible and more understandable while keeping everything at the minimum. I really want that the player discover the game mecanics by himself, so i try to find the correct balance between explanation and diegetic.
Level design will be essential but it needs the right tools.
To do so, i've changed a lot a things on the UI and tried to expose datas as visualy as possible.
- the main buttons design have changed.
- the main UI have been reorganised
- active plugings are now exposed on the main screen
- availaible slots for unit are now exposed on the main screen
- strucure and shield points are now more visual into the unit cards
- all numeric datas are now displayed only in the "units.config" screen
- attack, defense and structure values are now graphicaly displayed on the units themselves.
- there's now an holo projection for the "move tile" skill, so it's easier to predict the result of the action
Beside that i've...
- add a new type of tiles - white ones, witch are passable but can't be moved
- rearranged partialy the 3 first levels
- updated a lot of unity related things
- changed some ligthing and color setups whith the new Post-Processing stack
- adjuted the camera bondaries
- and obviously tried to fix a lot of bugs on existing systems.
I still have a lot to do regarding understanding and handling the game, but hopefully it's on the good path.
Do not hesitate to send feedbacks, it's always usefull !
Get Purple Noise Echo
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.